Tuesday 2 September 2008

Cinematic Drama

"One adult and three children, please. For Wall-E".



"Would you like standard seats, or premier?"



"What's the difference?"



"Premier is a lovely big seat, loads of leg-room, an extra pound a ticket".



"Standard's fine, actually".



(And I'm already remortgaging just to get in here...)



"OK. Any of the seat numbers in grey. Where would you like to sit?"



(Oh God. More questions.)



"Erm. Just there, near the front. Wow. It looks busy!"



"Oh, no. It's just a tiny cinema. So. Seats C 5-8".



-----


"OK. Come on boys. Let's get popcorn. You all want sweet, is that right? So if I get one large popcorn and one large Pepsi to share...?"


"I don't like Pepsi".


"No, sweetheart. You don't. I'll get you and me some water to share, ok?"


(Bloody hell! One popcorn and one drink for £7! Ouch!)


"Erm, boys. Look. You can have a little bag each. Do you see? There's a drink, a bag of popcorn and a bag of sweets in each one. Would you all like to choose your own?"


"Are Magic Stars dairy-free?"


"No, darling. Is there anything else? What's in the other bags?"


"RAISINS! I don't want raisins! I want sweets! It's not fair!"


-----


"Excuse me. Miss? Do you know if you have any alternatives other than Magic Stars or raisins? You see, my son's dairy-free and it doesn't seem fair somehow that his brothers get sweets and he has to have dried fruit..."


"OK. Minute. I just ask".


...


"We have raisins instead?"


"OK. Thanks". (I'm getting nowhere fast here).


-----


"Baby? They don't have anything else. We'll get these and then we'll buy you a bag of sweets from over there, ok?"


"Ohhhh! That's not fair! How come he gets an extra bag of sweets?"


"It isn't extra. It's instead. You two can share his Magic Stars".


(Blimey. £2.60 for a bag of sweets... Argh)


"Sweetie? We'll get a few of these ones instead, ok? This pick-n-mix. You can pick 8 sweets, ok?"


...


"All done? OK. I'll go and pay".


(£11? How did it come to £11? I should have got the sodding popcorn and Pepsi...)


-----


"Excuse me. It isn't a problem or anything. I mean, we'll sit here. That's ok. But I just thought you should know I think you're sitting in our seats..."


"Really? This isn't row H? I couldn't find row H. Where's row H?"


"I think it's a little further back there. Don't worry. We're fine in B. It really isn't a problem."


...


"OK boys? Everybody happy? Good. Look! It's starting!"


-----


"THIS POPCORN IS SALT!!"


No comments: