Wednesday 27 August 2008

Impossible Questions

Do dinosaurs eat metal?

Erm... I suppose, had they been around at the same time, they would probably have had a go. Yes.

How long would it take to get to Mars?

I don't know honey.

A year?

I don't know. Really. I have no idea. Ask your father?

Mum?

Hmmm?

Space is infinite kilometres long, isn't it?

Yes. It is. Oh. Listen. Your father's adding something. Sorry, darling? Ah. He says "and wide, and deep."

If you looked at it, it would go round and round into a circle, wouldn't it?

Erm. Your father says some people believe it's the shape of a figure 8...?

Can I have an egg, a glass of water and some salt?

Oh God. Erm. Not just now. An experiment? Let's try it later.

Mum?

Yes, honey?

Listen to this: Quick is long and long is quick. Do you get it? Do you know what it means?

Sorry baby. I haven't a clue.

Can I have a battery?

What for, sweetheart?

I'm going to make a motor. I just need a battery, some paper, some sellotape, scissors and string.

Darling, I'm not sure that will work.

Can I play Road Burners on the computer? Arthur had nearly an hour yesterday, so I get nearly an hour...

You know, they say the average four year-old asks an average four hundred and sixty-seven questions a day.

In our house, they're usually all before breakfast.

No comments: