Monday 25 August 2008

The Maze

Tell me what you dream?

Of fires and dungeons. Of corridors and stifling darkness. Of smoke and heat. Of airless doom.

Tell me how you feel?

Tired and cold. Shaky and nervous. Sick and hopeless. Terrified and lost.

Tell me where you're going?

Nowhere fast. To hell in a handcart. Over the hills and far away. To the darkest corner of my soul.

Tell me what you think?

You think I think? How do you expect me to think? How can I think? God! You want me to think?

Tell me what to do?

Do nothing. Do everything. Do something. Oh. Do what you want.

Tell me how to help?

Go away. No. Come back. Leave me in peace. No. Talk to me. Tell me something. Tell me anything. Talk to me. No. Don't talk to me. I don't know. Help?!

Tell me... Tell me... Tell me where you are?

I'm here. I think I'm here. I think I'm still here. Yes. I'm still here. And I will stay here. And life will go on.

No comments: